Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Muse; an art zine

The Muse is my favorite online art zine; published by Christine Cox aka The MetalChick of ARTitude Zine. Christine is also the owner of Volcano Arts; the very best in supplies for book and box making, metal smithing and etching. Her metalsmithing articles have more easily understood information than I have seen anywhere.
I had been wondering how to form a rivet from wire and she has an article that leads me to think that I can do it too. Her article Fabricated Metal Charms has step by step how to for this charm.

Alphabet Soup is an article about what she does with license plates and there is also an article on making Pet ID tags. These are just a small sampling of the fun she offers.

Even more fun is perusing her Volcano Arts catalog. The table of contents is the easiest way to see the many items she carries. I want it all but am especially drooling over the miniature bolts, nuts, screws and washers. Look at what she does with them.
Bolts

Screws

Other products on my list are the already cut microscope glass for making charms,the scalpels and blades which I think are the best tools for cutting silhouettes , 2 part snaps and rivets and even chunky bookboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day.