Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Paper Tea Set

Patricia has posted this adorable paper tea set. Lovely as is or as a pattern. I see party favor, ornament or gift boxes. Maybe it would also translate into fabric.
One of the things I find interesting about these vintage prints is the patterns that are used to fill in the color. Notice that the green is actually a blue and yellow overprint and the registration is slightly off. I like that.
I'm so grateful that Patricia is leaving a legacy of crafting and other history. Her collection far surpasses any that are shared by libraries and she posts them to Flickr in high resolution so we can actually use them as printables.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:10 AM

    Now THAT was an idea I could have used as a tot...a tea party without the mom yelling not to break the china!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't this make for a cute (but safe) little tea party activity for a child on a car or plane trip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link. Anyone who loves tea parties should enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Patricia is an international treasure. I was planning on posting a link to this next week and suggesting it would make a wonderful retro applique pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I check Patricia's blog all the time (I love it) but I had missed this. Thanks for linking to it and to her blog!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day.