Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Display Ideas

Display ideas have always fascinated me and I watch TV and movies for the set decoration. My brain is tuned to business now, still trying to figure out what (or if) my product will be. Are any of you thinking the same?
The following 2 pictures are from the 1964-65 Fall Winter McCall's Needlework and Crafts. Display needs to be cool but not so cool that people want to buy the display piece rather than the product.
This first pic is of a lifesize paper girl wearing a cloth pinafore. Click the pic for a larger view to study. Don't you think her hair and face look up-to-date today? I think this is a great idea for pattern pictures, craft fair displays etc.

I am fascinated by this winter imp, too. It is made of styrofoam balls, dowel, glittered batting, small christmas balls, silver garland and shiny paper.

1 comment:

  1. Check out the awesome Bergdorf-Goodman window displays on Michelle Ward's blog! To die for!
    http://michelleward.typepad.com/michelleward/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day.